Follow!!

Monday, July 25, 2016

The "Quasi-Anti-Politically-Correct-Sorry-I'm-Not-Sorry-Post"

 
We live in a society where everyone is trying to find their place. Whether it be within the business world, gender identity, race equality or religious freedom and personally, I think it's a beautiful thing. Each of us should have the right to be whatever sort of crazy vessel that makes our pretty little heads euphoric (within legal limits here, people).
 
But, you know what really grinds my gears? (If you've seen that Family Guy episode, you'll giggle at that reference) At some point, by the time we got to my generation, men stopped being men. They became these lazy, entitled, unchivalrous, Diary of a Wimpy Kid creatures. Lackluster in morale and genetically drained of any sort of respect for those around them. The sort of chutzpah that makes you want to frame your restraining order. 
 
I know not all woman want some of the long-lost, old-fashioned values and I respect that. And, trust me I write this as a generality and know there are many good men out there. But, if I can push past having to write that last PC clause (because that's what we have to do when we have an opinion these days, right?), I find it all rather irritating.

Granted, I know I have an old soul. I envision myself gliding through my days in a black and white TV set, carefree, with a strong, hardworking man doting over my kids and I, kindness in his heart, helping an old lady cross the road, and, oh no, if something ever happens to break, what's this?? He can actually FIX it. 

Yet many of the men in my generation expect everything to be handed to them. And, I don't mean a hammer, because let's face it, would you even know how to use it? 

They expect instant gratification and feel they can treat others in whatever horrific fashion they choose. They can trample on families and choose laziness as their major. What has higher education come to?

There's absolutely nothing that I can't do for myself and my children. Nothing I'm not willing to learn, fix, improve, and bust my butt doing to get things done and provide a good life for 2 boys who are already proving to be greater gentlemen than their generational predecessors. 

The needle in a haystack reference has never been more relevant than today. You really have to dig to find the goods. And, if you find that gem of a human being, hold on tight like the rodeo depends on it. 

There's a reason I like to buy myself flowers. To plant my own seeds. Harvest my own sustenance. I know what I'm ingesting that way. We worry about GMOs in our food, but what about the GMOs within our people? 

I'll let that marinate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment