Follow!!

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

"Good morning, Sunshine!"



It's like the first squeeze of toothpaste before anyone has a chance to mangle the tube and create a mess that, well let's face it, YOU will have to clean up.

And, very similar to the feeling you get when bacon is cooking and the smell wakes you from a peaceful slumber because YOU didn't have to make it, thus avoiding those unpredictable splatters that always seem to hit sensitive places. (The sensitive places thank you!)

Comparable to the first time the sun hits your skin after days and days of rain. The rays penetrating far past the epidermis and somehow bringing true warmth into your soul.

I'm referring to those little things called Happiness Triggers.

One of those Happiness Triggers for me is the simple yet swooning phrase of, "Good morning, Sunshine!" There's always been something about those words that speaks to my mind, body and soul. I get chills just writing this. It is this insanely warm and fuzzy phrase and its intent is never anything but to bring happiness to its recipient. Perfection!

Sometimes these Happiness Triggers come in the form of a smell that can bring you instantly back to such a specific moment in time. Or a location that holds so many memories for you, regardless of how many years go by. But, for me, it's simply...

"Good morning, Sunshine!"

Gets me every time!

What are your partner's Happiness Triggers? Yeah, yeah, we know the bedroom can bring them out easily but that's a blog post for another time. :-) I'm talking about true Happiness. Deep down, stirring their core, Happiness. How often do we forget to tap into that? How often do we just stop trying?

I know, I'm lacking some of my usual snarkiness! But, I'm nothing, if not diverse. And, don't fret! I'm sure it will return in the next post. My sarcasm only gets a one-hour lunch break a day, afterall.

So, in honor of all the tatas that are free of bacon splatter (see, it didn't go far), fresh tubes of toothpaste and bountiful sunshine rays, I encourage you to stop chasing those ridiculous Pokémon Go thing-a-ma-jigs, and go seek out the Happiness Triggers of your loved ones! Obviously. I mean now....go. Go on! Git...

1 comment: