Follow!!

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Exposé = Vexed? No Way!


There is no such thing as bad publicity. It's been said for years, so it must be true, right? Afterall, celebrities make millions of dollars off of bad press, turning it into reality shows, poorly written books and infomercial-worthy products. And, we flock like a bunch of hungry pigeons in a McDonald's parking lot to watch the tomfoolery.

THE END

Hmmm...can you sense a bit of skepticism? Granted, you can never please everyone. Trust me, there were times when I tried. But, to intentionally seek gain from negative and/or illegal behavior just makes me want to crawl into my happy little bubble and sing Cumbaya.

I pretty much stopped watching sports because it has turned into a blend of Cops and Days of Our Lives. I avoid the news (except when a local inmate charged of murder escaped from jail) and politics...well, my distaste for that arena should be pretty self-explanatory.

When I see my name in print in newspapers and magazines, it is always linked with good things. Charity events, literacy, accomplishments...and I feel proud of that. Not because it has to do with me but more so because it gives people something positive to read for a change. Maybe it encourages someone to do a good deed or pursue their own dreams. That's my vision at least, somewhere over the wretched media rainbow.



No comments:

Post a Comment